[TR] Top Gear and Fifth Gear

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Top Gear and Fifth Gear
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:55:46 EST
Guys IM laughing my butt off. The top gear clip from ashford was a hoot. and
i wish i could get more of top gear on tv.
I am fully aware that the origins of nascar are from the deep south, and I
was not looking to insult those of you from the South. More so I was defending
you from the stereo type of hill Billy racing, that the speed channel seems to
want to reflect.
as i stated i do watch the racing part of nascar. but with the overwhelming
amount of nascar on speed tv i keep running into the non racing peripheral
stuff. and its junk and sad. shame on speed channel. so why did they have a guy
on
the speed channel recently dressed as a guy in a bear type suit on a nascar
program? with really lame hillbilly slapstick humor. And why did they make one
of their drivers dress up in plus 4's (knickers) for a segment on nascar
drivers playing golf? With really lame humor.
I watch (not enough) racing on the speed channel and it is truly an
international field of announcers for every thing BUT nascar. I don't buy that
because
its origins are in the South 100% of the coverage must be by southern accent
broadcasters.
and as for the great drivers of nascar..they are great drivers.
So back to my point....fox and speed are not going to drop nascar. There
invested in it. There is less of the variety of racing from when I first bought
speed TV and its getting less every week.
still fed up with excessive nascar coverage on speed TV
Frank

===     http://www.vtr.org