Re: [TR] TR3a emergency brake

To: grandfatherjim@gmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3a emergency brake
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 07:19:04 +0000
> The fly-off feature doesn't seem to be working, now that I have it all
> nicely mounted in the car. Giving the lever a tug doesn't result in the
> pushbutton popping up. I think the spring that pushes the button up may be
> disconnected.
> How do you get it apart to the point where the spring can be re-attached or
> replaced?
> Jim Wallace

Jim, just so I'm clear, when you lift the emergency brake lever to it's peak
position, then press the button, it does not lock?  (I remember how surprised I
was that simply lifting the lever didn't automatically lock the lever, but that
I had to press the button to make that happen.)

The Moss catalogue has a breakout of the brake lever internal workings.  I
think I remember that to disassemble, you have to disconnect the ratchet
assembly at the bottom, and the spring assembly lifts out from the top.  I had
to replace the pawl on mine, because it was too worn to catch the ratchet.

Terry, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org