[TR] Radio Static: Resistor Wires or Resister Plugs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Radio Static: Resistor Wires or Resister Plugs
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:45:28 +0000
First, I've done the alternator conversion, so the static I'm getting from the
new radio I installed this weekend is most likely coming from the copper core
spark plug wires.  Reading the archives, I see Randall responding to Brian
Sanborn (in 1999) on Ignition Interference.  Randall suggests one of two
into the molded plug boot.  ...Or 2) resistor plugs as an acceptable
substitute.  No need to do both.
That was in 1999.  Is current thinking the same?  And is there a recommended
resistor plug?
Terry Smith ('59 TR3A)
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org