[TR] Soaked and Snookered

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Soaked and Snookered
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:57:37 +0000
Well, first, the confession.  I'm a big fan of soldered connections, but used a
crimp connection for the big wire from the alternator to the solenoid.
Snookered.  When the starter wouldn't start the car, I figured something wasn't
right.  Working back, I disconnected the wire from the alternator at the
solenoid to check for charge with the engine running.  Didn't have to even turn
the car on, because the connector dropped off the wire as soon as I lifted the
wire off the solenoid post.  Soldered that baby and all is well.

So, drove it today huffing with good fortune at the easy fix, top down in nice
weather.  Tonight took my son to batting practice, where 45 minutes in we heard
the thunder and pounding of rain on the tin roof of the Sports Center.  Walked
through a wall of water to the car with one half the tonneau on it.  Dug into
the trunk, put up the top, wondering why.  Already soaked.

After the drive home and wearing rain despite the soft top, I'm thinking
RAINSUIT in the trunk.  Or has anyone been able to watertight their TR3?

Terry Smith '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org