Re: [TR] Gear reduction starter question

To: <KingsCreekTrees@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Gear reduction starter question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:56:53 -0700
Sure sounds like a ring gear problem to me. While you are inspecting the
ring gear for chipped and worn teeth, see if it is held on by bolts. If it
is, it is the wrong flywheel and ring gear. If it's the right ring gear, see
which way the it is facing. If the campher on the teeth face rearward, it is
on backward, although I'm told that shouldn't matter much with the gear
reduction starter.
Bob