[TR] Aluminum Racing Jack - not steel, but a steal!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Aluminum Racing Jack - not steel, but a steal!
From: banc8004@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 20:43:25 +0000
My regular hydraulic jack won't fit under the front end of my TR4 - its lowest
position is too high for the chassis.

I have been eyeing, and almost bought, one of the aluminum racing jacks from
PepBoys, as they drop down to 3.3" and they have a nice long handle with the
relief valve integral to the handle. The only thing that put me off was the
sticker price...$99.00.

I was very happy to see the same jack today, in my local WallyMart, at $38.00.

It was too good to leave behind. I brought it home and it really is well made.
Sure enough, it fits under the rad to reach the front cross member on the
chassis perfectly. This will mean lifting the front of the car for stands will
be a cynch.

Just thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone is looking for something
similar,

Cheers,

Brian in Valley Forge
TR4 1963