[TR] re-using timing chain gear

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] re-using timing chain gear
From: "sujit roy" <triumphstag@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:22:08 -0700
My Stag has done about 7k miles when one of the timing chains crank shaft
sprocket had complete worn down causing major engine failure. (valves
impacting pistons.)  The cam shaft and jackshaft sprockets look OK.

I'm planning to change the chains, but I would like to reuse the good
sprockets.    Is this advisable or should I change the whole lot?  As
mentioned the gears have only done about 7k miles.

Sujit

===     http://www.vtr.org