[TR] Rolon timing chains

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Rolon timing chains
From: "sujit roy" <triumphstag@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:59:54 -0700
A few years back, with the scandal of the German timing chains that Rimmers
Bros sold, they sent me a set of standard timing chains for my Stag.  These
chains came out of  boxes branded Rolon with a little tag labeled County.  One
of the chains has the name Rolon stamped on some of the links, not all, the
other does not.

>From doing a two page search on the web, there appears to be a handful of
companies making chains under the brand name Rolon.

With regard to the chains I received from RB, I'm assuming the chains I
have, have been made by two different manufacturers.

If a chain manufacturer makes a chain under the Rolon brand, shouldn't the
chains look the same and be manufactured to  the same spec?

Can any shed some light on who/ what Rolon is?

Sujit