[TR] A question regarding 12 poitn and 6 point sockets

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] A question regarding 12 poitn and 6 point sockets
From: "sujit roy" <triumphstag@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:49:06 -0700
All my sockets at home are of the 12 point type.  I've seen 8 point and more
commonly 6 point. Are there advantages using 6 and 8 point?
One advantage I see with a 6 point socket is that there is more surface area
being applied on the nut and can help prevent it from the corners from
rounding.

So I suppose if you have a stubborn nut or bolt , a 6 point socket would be
a better choice. Would this make sense?

Sujit