Re: [TR] Setting static advance with Pertronix ignitor

To: "'Darrell Walker'" <darrellw@ipns.com>, "'Triumphs List'"
Subject: Re: [TR] Setting static advance with Pertronix ignitor
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:42:30 -0700
> Can one use a test light the same way that you do with a
> points system with a Pertronix system?  There isn't any
> markings on the sensor/pickup to work off of.

Although I can't find the instructions that I think said so; I'm pretty sure
the answer is yes.  The Ignitor unit acts pretty much exactly like points.

>  Can an audible
> continuity tester be use as well?

Not so sure about that one; probably depends on the tester.  I would expect
that there is some voltage drop through the Ignitor even when it's "closed",
so the question is whether your tester considers that 'continuity' or not.

Randall