Re: [TR] Article about new oil formulations

To: Andy <Andy.dixon@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Article about new oil formulations
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:50:24 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Andy and list,

I called the Castrol tech line and inquired about having a flat tappet cam and
what oil would they recommend.  The answer was to use Syntec 20W-50 only due to
the zinc content of 1200 ppm (0.12%).  I asked about the Castrol GTX 20W-50
that I have used for years.  The reply was that the new API spects have
significantly reduced zinc content and that the GTX was not recommended for
flat tappet engines.  I believe that the Syntec 20W-50 is a full synthetic oil.
 Leading to the question of switching to full synthetic oil in the following
e-mail.

Greg Perry