Re: [TR] TR4A Valve Timing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A Valve Timing
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 09:02:14 -0700
> 12:1 in our engines requires higher octane gas than is
> available at the pump. Sorry you are having to go through all this.

FWIW, I had good luck with octane improvers containing MMT when I was
running a high compression head.  Seemed like there was some sort of
residual effect, the tendency to knock seemed to continue to go down over
several tanks of gas and I was ultimately able to reduce the dosage
somewhat.

Watch out for plug fouling, though.  MMT leaves a fluffy looking pink
deposit.

YMMV and all that.
Randall