[TR] VTR-SE Jekyll Island GA

To: Ashford Little <70tr6@mindspring.com>
Subject: [TR] VTR-SE Jekyll Island GA
From: "jholekamp@sbcglobal.net" <jholekamp@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings Ashford,

Sounds like a plan I can live with and reciprocate.
We're planning on leaving Chicago early on Tuesday the 16th and drive to
Williamsburg KY on the interstate hwys - 500mi (1/2 the distance).  Day 2, >
Knoxville, into NC via US129 (the tail of the dragon
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ ) on to Hardeeville, SC.  Day 3 (Thurs) stop
at the 8th Air Force Museum at Pooler GA, then on to Jekyll Island via US17 -
arrive early PM.

Our route home will be: Sunday - Jekyll to Robbinsville NC
via Baxley, Swainsboro, Thompson, Elberton, Lavonia, Toccoa, Clayton GA,
Franklin NC. Day 2 - Monday: northbound over US129 (the dragon - AGAIN!) and
on to Radcliff KY via Lenoir City, Crossville, Jamestown TN > Columbia KY.  We
plan to visit the G. S. Patton Museum at FT Knox and return to Chicago via
I-65 on day 3.

Sampling the widest possible variety of southern Bar B Q
enroute is a priority part of the scheme.
I'll be with Steve Yott (red '67
TR4A) Bob Streepy (red '71 TR6) and Mark Moore (blue '67 TR4A), and of course
I'll be moving around in my green '64 TR4 (IL license no TTRR 44).

I think
we're all ready to drive some roads with more up/down-left/right than we
usually see in the upper mid-west. I'm really looking forward to the trip -
see you at Jekyll next week.

If you come across someone who needs a bunk at
the convention hotel, we still have an extra available.

brgds, Jay

'64
Triumph TR4 since '67