Re: [TR] squeak reduction?

To: "Eric Butschek" <ebutschek@austin.rr.com>, "Paul Dorsey"
Subject: Re: [TR] squeak reduction?
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:28:37 -0400
None of the TRs I've owned ever had any welting and I've never seen it on
any parts listing.  No sure why you are getting squeaks though.  I've had my
TR for over 20 years and it never squeeked.  If the bolts are tight there
should be no movement hence no noise.  I use the large original washers
under the nut head which may help.  I haven't used any lock washers and have
never had a bolt come loose.

I do agree that you wouldn't want to use any grease - very messy and
attracts dirt.  If you're really concerned I would maybe recommend a thin
coating of Silicone II.
Just my $.02