Re: [TR] TR-3 Engine Stand - Ferguson Tractors used Standard's OHV

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR-3 Engine Stand - Ferguson Tractors used Standard's OHV
From: Kurt Johnson <kajohns64@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 13:55:25 -0700 (PDT)
Back in 1980 when at the tender age of 15 I aquired my
first TR, a '64 Tr4, the only place in my hometown of
Mason City, Iowa that stocked an oil fiter was the
local farmers Co-op, for the Ferguson tractor.  The
dealer didn't even stock the filters. We had at that
time a Triumph/Saab dealer in town. Two hot brands in
1980.  He could display two cars on his sales floor at
a time. If you wanted anything different you could
special order and wait 6 months for your car to
arrive.  Parts arrived about a month sooner.

--- "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>

http://mail.yahoo.com