[TR] Standard Vanguard and Ferguson tractor engines

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com
Subject: [TR] Standard Vanguard and Ferguson tractor engines
From: nwolf@u.washington.edu
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:39:28 -0700 (PDT)
> John Macartney wrote:
>
> Certainly the tractor and car engine have many similarities but having
> owned
> both variants myself (Vanguard and Fergie) there are some very major
> differences and non-interchangeabilty of parts.

Hi John
   Which model Fergie did you have?  I googled around and found some photos of
a TEA-20 under restoration.

http://www.btinternet.com/~bodgerjim/tract/tract.htm  (Scroll down)

   I can see the family resemblance in the layout of the engine components, and
definitely some differences in the details.
   I wonder if that magneto ignition would work on a TR?  No more leaky
batteries to worry about... and who needs bright headlights anyway?  ;)

-Nick Wolf
'64-ish TR4
Vancouver, BC