[TR] My TR Problem Is All Is Well

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] My TR Problem Is All Is Well
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:16:22 +0000
Hmmm....
All is well with the world, and that's what's wrong.  I have a '59 TR3A...a
Triumph with Lucas wiring, and the car is running like a dream.  Thank you,
Fred Thomas, for sending that 25D dizzy, which has brought power and
acceleration back!  Experimented with the timing until the engine is throaty,
smooth and powerful again. Can't wait for your Pertrinox to make it even
better.  Didn't find a better price anywhere (NFI).
Will be driving the 3 over two hundred miles into the North Country tomorrow on
business stuff with the top down in New Hampshire Indian Summer.  Will open a
meeting of food pantry people from all over the state with my hair messed up
from either the wind or the Gortex hat, depending on how cold it is in the
morning.  That's okay.  I think citizens like to see government employees
looking ragged...makes them feel like they're getting their money's worth....
Can't tell if I'm hoping or dreading that something in the 3 will break down so
I can stop waiting for the other shoe to drop.
...Or, could it be, that after a complete frame off and about 15K miles, I've
finally debugged the thing, and can expect trouble free driving?
Yah, right.
Gawd, I love this car.
Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667