Re: [TR] Wheel Shimmy

To: nogera@worldnet.att.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wheel Shimmy
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 06:58:48 EDT
In a message dated 10/30/2007 11:30:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nogera@worldnet.att.net writes:

Note :  72 spoke wire  wheels are new and true. Balance done on the  newest
Hunter balancing machine.

Pardon me for asking but who determined "true".  I put new wires  on my TR6
and in spite of three trips to the owner described "mac daddy" of  Hunter
balancing machines it was never right.  This machine was so high  tech it
served
coffee.  The problem is that they are balancing the wheels  from a point on the
wheel that is not the bearing surface when the wheel is  mounted on the car,
and without knowing anything more I will tell you they do  not have the proper
mount for wire wheels.  No tire shop does.
This is the voice of experience talking.  Do not invest another dollar  in
this shimmy issue without packing them up and sending them off to Hendrix  Wire
Wheel.  There are others, I happened to use Hendrix (NFI).  This  is not
cheap, call them and ask.  However, I will tell you this.  In  the long run you
will spend far more than Hendrix charges chasing this problem  around, and will
not get it solved.  Do not be tempted by the tire  stores who tell you they can
do this.  I have tried and every one  failed.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO