[TR] No charge

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [TR] No charge
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:20:01 +0000
The ignition light on my newly rebuilt engine does not extinguish when the
latter is running, nor does the amp meter show charge. I checked the output
from the dynamo, no problem here 16+ volts, all wires are connected as they
should be, I carried out the control box test with the engine running and a
20volt meter and it shows a very low 4-5volts, adjusting the control screw
had
no effect. Can this unit fail totally? Or might I be missing something, I did
check the control box earth and it seems fine.
John
1954 TR2

John Gillis
Senior Conservator