Re: [TR] Anybody speak Danish?

To: nwolf@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: [TR] Anybody speak Danish?
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:43:00 -0700
nwolf@u.washington.edu wrote:
>    Once in a while, idle curiosity leads me to google around for my old TR4,
>CT11880L, which I sold in San Jose in early 2004.  I never found anything
>until today, when the following showed up:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2oxlrf
>
>    That's the car!  Looks the same as ever.  I miss it, even though I have
>another one now in much better shape.
>    My question is: Anybody speak Danish?  I'm just curious to know what they
>said about it, and babelfish.altavista.com doesn't speak the language.  I'm
>guessing "Solgt" means "Sold"...

Danes on the list will do better, but my guess is that "SOLGT" is
probably an acronym for "price on application" or "price on inquiry,"
because the rest of the ad says something like "arrange for appointment"
to view the car, and that its condition is all original, never damaged,
never abused, and that it's sure to appreciate in value.  My guess is
that it's not yet been sold, given all that.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

http://www.vtr.org

http://www.team.net/donate.html

Triumphs@autox.team.net