[TR] size of both MC orafice's

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] size of both MC orafice's
From: "dorpaul" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:19:04 -0500
I've decided, after a year-or-so hiatus, to again assult my brakes.  To do it
right, I must tear out all the brake lines which I had previosly installed.

What are the size fittings on both the front and rear of the master cylinders?
You see, I ordered 2 new County Brand master cylinders and when I got them I
removed the adapters from both the front and rear orafice of each cylinder
(for some reason), then I lost them!!!!!!!!!!

I can manage to get the bolt size that they require (? 5/16"UNF on the
front-input, 3/8"UNF on the rear-output?????????????).  However, of course,
they adapt to a different thread size (which I now know to order from one of
the big 3).  What is the thread size they adapt to??????????  I assume both
the brake and clutch MCs have the same size, right????

Are  there any upcoming brake specials I should know about?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net