Re: [TR] TR6

To: dmnlaw <dmnlaw@peoplepc.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:52:41 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Doug,

I have two schools of thought on this one.  First, what condition are the
splines on the half shafts and the condition of the yokes that hold the bearing
caps?  Second, It is common for the differential to have play/ slop as you
stated below when well used.  My differential has had the excessive play/ slop
for a long time.  It does not whine, grind or leave me stranded, but it does
leak!  I did find a rebuilt diff that I put in and it whines and does not leak!
 But the clicks that I hear now are from the worn half shaft(s).  The diff
mounts, u joints and hubs have been replaced or repaired in the past. I just
consider the clicks/ clunks normal now.  It is not going to leave me stranded.
Regards,  Greg Perry