Re: [TR] Why not FLAPS brake lines?

To: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>, "'dorpaul'" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Why not FLAPS brake lines?
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:33:05 +0000
Somebody stop me!

Whoops.  Too late....  Am raising the silicone brake fluif debate again....

Since the rust through with brake lines typically happens from the inside,
replacing the brake lines might be something you want to do while the body is
off (Bill, I assume it is?).  Much easier.  When I tore down my restoration
project TR3, I had Randall's experience of having seemingly healthy brakelines
fall apart in my hands.

Moreover, I can't see why PITA bending of stainless is of benefit if one uses
the silicone brake fluif?  ...Unless any moisture in the line, not absorbed by
silicone as it is by conventional, would settle into the lowest bend and rust
it out from there????

Terry Smith
New Hampshire...and sick of 4-wheeling to work

From: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net