Re: [TR] oil changin'

To: "'dorpaul'" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>, "'list Triumph'"
Subject: Re: [TR] oil changin'
From: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:37:45 -0600
Paul,

I should think that this is the best time to change.  Of course, as with any
new engine, you need to abide by all the break-in precautions and make the
first change very early.  You want to be sure to select the weight that best
suits your driving climate and style.

There have been a number of threads on the subject of oil in the past
months. Last may I held an unscientific survey just to tally what others
were using.  Below are the results from those who responded:

7 for Castrol 20/50
2 for Valvoline 20/50
1 for Red Line 20/50
1 for 20/50 (no brand specified)
And a very interesting treatise on ZDDP, thank you Jonathan.

Best regards,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO
"If I wasn't working all those years, I would not be able to afford a
Triumph!