[TR] Overdrive Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, OKCSpitfire@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [TR] Overdrive Question
From: Jay Holekamp <jholekamp@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:09:49 -0700 (PDT)
In a message dated 3/13/2008 5:48:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
OKCSpitfire@sbcglobal.net writes:
> I have a 78 Spitfire J type over drive that I installed in my 76 Spit. I
> noticed the other day while driving it I was going up a hill and the engine
> began racing but not gaining speed. It was like the clutch was slipping  but
> it has a new clutch. Can the OD slip? If so does it mimic a slipping clutch?

You also might want to check the pressure the overdrive hydraulic system is
producing as the slipping occurs. I offer Overdrive Oil Pressure Gauges for A,
D, J & LH Type Overdrives - details at:
http://tinyurl.com/505s

brgds, Jay

'64 Triumph TR4 since '67