Re: [TR] TR6 - installing carpet snaps - is there a trick to this?

To: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 - installing carpet snaps - is there a trick to this?
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:01:39 -0700
Brian,
The quickest and easiest way I found was to mount a male ring upside down in
a female ring and place both on top of the snap on the floor board. The male
prongs facing up. Put the carpet in place and push down a little by the snap
and rings. The prongs will pop through the carpet. (but from the wrong
side). I pull the carpet up holding the rings onto the back of the carpet
and then using the prongs sticking through from the back as a guide place a
male ring where the other one is by lining up the prongs. Remove the male
piece from the back after pushing the male ring into place from the front.
Slip on the female ring on from the back and bend over the prongs (I used
needle nose pliers with a tight rolling over action using the female ring to
brace the pliers to get a tight fit) and it should line up right where the
snap is.

Good luck!

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ