[TR] Trunnions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Trunnions
From: Jim and Andreas Vassiliadis <diggle@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:51:19 +1200
1962 TR4 with 3 degree trunnions.
 I have purchased a kit for the front suspension with new trust washers etc. I
am supposed to torque the new outer trunnion trust washer and the outer washer
onto the trunnion splines at 50lb to serate the outer washer. I am not up to
80lb and only limited success. I think that about 200-300 lb would do it which
scares me.
The old outer washers are are re-usable. Do I slightly drill out the new
washers so that there is less steel to serate.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim and his immobile TR4

http://www.vtr.org