Re: [TR] Keeping cool in a TR3

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Keeping cool in a TR3
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:14:09 -0600
Randall wrote:

> Honestly, I think having it on is more likely to cause problems.  The normal
> water flow is through the head and down into the block.

Just for clarification, the water pump outlet is to the block, first,
with coolant flowing up to the head and out through the thermostat
housing (for verification, see the coolant flow diagram in the factory
manual).

Other than that, what Randall says about #4 is correct.  The angle of
the engine causes silt to settle at the rear of the engine, and,
additionally, #4 is closest to the firewall, inhibiting airflow around
the back of the engine.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net