[TR] Fwd: Soldered Wire Connections in Cars

To: Triumph_send_message <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Fwd: Soldered Wire Connections in Cars
From: David Griffiths <daveg@online.no>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:10:32 +0200
Just a little contribution to that thread. I restored a 1929 Chevrolet
not long ago, with the original wiring in place. The electrical wire
connections were soldered bullets, and the bullets of course are
joined in a short metal sleeve. Well the woven and lacquered cotton
insulation had fallen off most places, and was cracked and brittle,
but never one place was any wire broken, certainly not where the
soldered wire went over to the unsoldered metal wire. Sounds like a
myth.

Thanks,
Dave

Begin forwarded message: