Re: [TR] TR4A Piston Upgrade

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A Piston Upgrade
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 16:51:34 -0700
> the closest I cam come is to inform the group that blood flow
> to an organ (in most or our cases the coronary arteries
> supplying the heart is the most
> relevant) is related to the radius of the artery to the
> fourth power.

Wow, that's wild!  How does the flow get related to the square of the
cross-sectional area?

>  If the same holds true in the internal
> combustion engine, that 3mm may translate into a lot of
> additional horses.

Not so much.  Displacement follows the square of the bore, but 89^2 is less
than 5% more than 87^2; so we're only talking another 5hp or so (without
other changes).  At nearly $100/pony, not a lot of bang for the buck.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net