Re: [TR] tr-3 frame inside frame rails treatment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] tr-3 frame inside frame rails treatment
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 18:02:04 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/2008 2:53:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
nafzigerg@yahoo.com writes:
> I'm doing a frame up on tr-3.  Just wondering what others have done with
> the
> inside frame rails.  I've done POR-15 on the outside but am wondering if its
> common to also do the inside...........drilling holes ect.  also what kind
> of
> product to use.

I took mine to Ziebart.  They treated the interior cavities with a rust
inhibitor and then coated them with their usual petroleum product.  Quick,
convenient, and about as good as anything I could think of (short of zinc
dipping).

Dave

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net