[TR] thanks on frame rail question also oil pump question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] thanks on frame rail question also oil pump question
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 17:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
thanks for the responses on inside frame rail protection!  great list!!

STILL have no oil pressure after going through all systems thoroughly.  Upon
installing the oil pump I remember turning the pick up tube/screen almost
fully into the oil pump as far as it will go........then reading in here it
should be measured to protrude 4.25 inches from face of oil pump.  My question
is...............if pick up tube is threaded up as far as
possible................will this lift the opening above the oil level,
resulting in no pressure?

thanks!

gary nafziger

http://www.vtr.org