[TR] Spark Plug Irritation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Spark Plug Irritation
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:25:20 +0000
Second time occurrence.  This time, racing from one meeting that went late in
Concord, to a meeting with feds and other states in Meredith, NH, zooming up
Interstate 93 at a bit over 90 mph, blessing the bad economy, reduced state
budget, and downsized highway patrol, I suddenly went from 4 purring cylinders
to cutting out and then the rough burr of 3 cylinders.  Already guessed the
problem.

Was right.

Made it to the meeting, endured it keeping my eyes open the whole while, and at
break popped the hood.  The number three spark plug wire had popped off.  What
happens is, the little cap on the spark plug had vibrated loose again, until
the wire came loose.  Tightened it again with needlenose.

This common to others?  Haven't had it before like this.  Suspect a bit of
superglue or locktite might do the trick.  Any better ideas out there?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net