Re: [TR] Group 49 battery preferred?

To: "dorpaul" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Group 49 battery preferred?
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 06:16:05
I'm going out on a limb and guess that the group 24 is highly recommended,
simply because that is the factory recommended size -
As far as what I choose, well I look at the highest CCA and reserve, and if
it will fit in the space provided.  Weight never really was a factor -
currently just installed a Walmart part 124R-3 @ CCA 875 reserve 700.
Couldn't tell you what it weighs though :-)

>So let me ask:
>Why is Group. 24 or 27 ( recommended "highly" by this list), when a Group 49
>battery fits the battery box better?  And has similar   CCA and RC?
>
>Thanks, Paul  60 TR3A

Barry Schwartz
La Mesa, CA (San Diego)

http://www.vtr.org