Re: [TR] oil pressure 40-50?

To: "dorpaul" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>, "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] oil pressure 40-50?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:47:18 -0500
2 quarts of "some kind of oil additive because a flaps salesman gave me a
'good pitch'" might be a problem.  2 quarts of thin additives (like Marvel
Mystery Oil or Rislone for example) would make your oil pretty thin.  And
that's PART of the reason those additives aren't recommended nearly as high
a concentration as you've used.

How about draining whatever oil mixture you have in there, and trying a
refill of quality 20W-50 oil ?

Karl

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net