Re: [TR] TR3A Rocker arm "spacers"

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Rocker arm "spacers"
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:27:43 -0700
> Where is the screw located?

#4 pedestal, on the side away from the pushrods.  Takes a special cupped
lockwasher too.

>  Just figured if the trouble was in
> the shaft it might not pay to put 45yo springs back in,
> not expecting any performance improvement per say.

In that case, go right ahead.  BTW, RAS used new springs when they rebuilt
my rocker shaft, along with new nuts, adjusters, etc.  Even the rockers
looked brand new (though I'm sure they just reconditioned the old ones,
including some kind of copper-colored plating).  Price with shipping wound
up being about what the parts would have cost me.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net