Re: [TR] Gas Tank Cleaning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Gas Tank Cleaning
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:02:42 +0000 (UTC)
>> I could add about 1/2
> >gallon of gas and agitate the tank and pour it into a
> >container.

>Should work as well as anything, against teflon tape. B But I would add a
>handful of nuts or old bearing balls to the mix.

As I disassembled my '59 TR3A TS 58667, I took out the gas tank, threw in some
plain old sand, agitated like a maniac, then at last filled with water and
Simple Green, agitated some more, rinsed, then filled with mixture of water
and phosphoric acid to clean out residual rust.B  Soak, looking for leaks.B
Then rinse, rinse, rinse, and rinse again.B  Dry with the exhaust end of a
vacuum cleaner.B  Coat the exterior with POR 15.B

...Only for me to discover...gadfrey!...that the DPO had replaced the original
with a Spitfire gas tank.B  i

Anyone need a completely restored Spitfire gas tank?????

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3AB

New Hampshire

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net