[TR] TR6 inlet valve seals question

To: "TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 inlet valve seals question
From: "Tony Gordon" <triumph@2simpleusa.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 20:10:55 -0500
My TR6 engine rebuild continues its slow progress ... the head is now ready
for porting .... I now have a 1.3" template (an old inlet valve turned down
to 1.3 as per Kas' instructions) ... if anyone wants a similar template (a
valve turned down to 1.3"), let me know, and I'll send you one for the cost
of shipping (I have 5 valves left!).

I am planning on using phosphor bronze guides, and wanted to use valve seals
on the inlet side.  Does anyone have any specs. on suitable seals and any
machining that might be needed on the new valve guides?  I plan to use
double valve springs and 1.6 ratio rockers.

Tony Gordon
72 TR6

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net