Re: [TR] Small spare tire for TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Small spare tire for TR6
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:39:16 -0800
> A little while there were discussions about using these small emergency
> - dough nut - tires on Triumph cars.
> I don't recall, that it was spelled out from which car the spare tire
> would be suitable for a TR6.  Would
> appreciate to receive details if possible.

Me too.  I wasn't able to find a wheel that would both fit the studs and
clear the front calipers (on a TR3A), so wound up using a stock TR3 wheel
(which would also fit a TR6), with a "compact spare" tire mounted on it.
T135D15 as I recall ($10 from the local junkyard, including the wheel that
didn't fit).

Although significantly shorter than the stock tires, it should still work OK
for temporary use at low speeds.

(I drove about 100 miles at speeds around 75 mph on mine with no problems,
but I don't necessarily recommend that <G>)

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net