Re: [TR] TR3 hard top FS

To: pethier@comcast.net, twakeman@razzolink.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 hard top FS
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:03:35 EST
Wow Terri.  Talk about a Bah Humbug!  I assume that you have done  your
homework and I agree with Phil.
Having worked in development for many years, either a building permit or a
certificate of occupancy would have had to be issued by the county, or
governing  body (city, state, etc. where you live).  Had the house been built
before
such zoning was enacted then it is grandfathered.  This is generally the  rule
and I have rarely (if ever) seen exceptions.  I am not an  attorney.
Unless you don't own the house and the owner is just rolling over for the
county you could plug up the court system with this until they are sick of
dealing with it. Find an attorney that will do this Pro  Bono.  (Like a lister
that has a Triumph, hint, hint) The filings are  simple and the burden of proof
can be placed on the county.
For example, if the house was built and occupied with no permits, and been
there for years and the county has known and you can prove that the county has
known (permits to supply power, etc) you can jam them up until you are a very
 old person and don't want to live there any more.
Most states/counties have pretty obscure real property ownership laws that
you may find work to your advantage.  For example:  If you use your  neighbors
property as a right of way, and the neighbor does nothing to stop you,  you
can file and get a permanent easement to the property as if it was  yours.  The
period of time that this needs to go on and the method by which  the neighbor
retains rights during your period of usage varies by jurisdiction,  but most
(if not all) have these kinds of laws.
As long as you don't have other code violations, or can correct the code
violations easily I would go for it.  With the mess that governments are in
today, they will get sick of dealing with it pretty fast, IMHO.

Fix your hardtop and use it!

Happy Holidays

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L