Re: [TR] TR 3 A serial ?

To: jat1127@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR 3 A serial ?
From: Andrew Mace <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:59:33 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: john taylor <jat1127@hotmail.com>

Hello,

 I am interested in a TR 3 serial TS 81027 L that is for sale a few hours from
me.

 Is this car a TR 3 "B" with the full syncro gearbox?

==AM==
No, it's a 3A, as Bill noted. 3B car commission numbers started with TSF
(pretty much as per 3A,
but with all-synchro gearbox), or TCF (2138cc. engine and all-synchro gearbox).
And, as Bill noted,
it could easily have had an all-synchro gearbox installed at some point.

There are folks who seem to go only by year of registration, so if it's
registered as a '62,
they assume it's a 3B (actually, a great number of 3Bs seem to have ended up
first being titled as
'63 models)!
==AM==

 I have yet to look see the car but the seller says that the motors oil filler
is at the front of the car not back near the battery.

==AM==
And that's as it should be with an original 3A engine.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net