Re: [TR] Crane/Allison MOLEX Plug Needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, TR8@Mercury.LCS.MIT.Edu
Subject: Re: [TR] Crane/Allison MOLEX Plug Needed
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 12:26:18 EDT
In a message dated 4/8/2009 10:06:34 AM Central Daylight Time,
thomasb@queensu.ca writes:

> Does anyone have a "spare" white plastic Molex plug housing.  This is
> used to hold the 3 wires from the distributor pickup and is
> apparently the same for all Crane/Allison electronic distributor kits.
>
> I need one because the exchanged installation kit supplied by Crane
> last fall did not include one and of course CRANE is no longer in
> business.
>
> Hopefully someone with a failed unit will still have this part and be
> willing to part with it for a nominal fee.

As I recall that is the .062 in series connector available almost anywhere.
 For example:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/637/1437.pdf

The good news is they are cheap and readily available.  The bad news is the
shipping is going to be the lion's share of the cost unless you can find
them locally.  On the other hand you can burn up $5 worth of gas looking for
one.  The other good news is that Mouser doesn't have a minimum order (or
didn't last time I looked).

Good luck

Dave

http://www.vtr.org