[TR] TR6 Windshield frame - which sealant?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 Windshield frame - which sealant?
From: Steve Smith <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all

I'm replacing my dash crash pads and wooden facia which means the windshield
frame is off the car and I'm facing putting in back on.  Should I use any
sealant to afix a new rubber seal to the frame or to the body?  I guess any
sealant would have to be of the non-permanent type.  Thanks for any help you
can provide.

I can't tell if the residue on the cowl is factory sealant or teh decayed
portion of a 40 year old bit of rubber, and I want to be sure to keep the rain
out!

Thanks again
Steve

CC25805