[TR] Removing TR4A heater box

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Removing TR4A heater box
From: "Francis Precht" <FPrecht@frostburg.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:28:45 -0400
I spent some time bonding with my 1965 TR4A this weekend doing the normal
spring cleaning/maintenance/prep for spring/summer.  I found a large brown
stain on the carpet under the heater box, mostly on the left/drivers side
(hoses enter/leave on right side).  I'm thinking that the heater coil has
leaked.

What is the recommended procedure for removing the heater box in a TR4A ?
What pitfalls should I avoid (other than placeing a pan under the hoses when I
remove the hose clamps).  How do I manuever the heater box to get it out of
the somewhat confinced space under there ???

Thanks for any insight you might provide.

Bud P.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net