[TR] and speaking of engine performance

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] and speaking of engine performance
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 23:12:29 -0400
The other day I got around to measuring the GT6's compression again,
checking the valves first.  #1 was tighter than it should've been.
Don't know why, but after I re-adjusted it it read 140 as compared to
the previous 120 or below.  Okay, chalk that up to mechanic's error,
I guess.  (I wonder who that was.)

Drove it to work today but it still didn't like rev'ing above
3500rpm, would start missing about 3000.  Ordered up a new tune-up
set, dizzy cap, rotor, points, condensor today.  Put some dry-gas in
the tank and drove around for 15 minutes but I'm not sure it helped.
They're predicting possibly heavy T-storms tomorrow so I'll drive the
van.  Maybe the GT6 will get the message.

In the meantime I'm open to suggestions.

Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net