[TR] TR4A diiff

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A diiff
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:35:41 +0200
I  removed my original differential unit from  my car a year or two ago
because of oil leaks. I now wish to replace all 3 oil seals. If I stand it
up on the propshaft end oil comes from there and if I rest it on the half
shaft ends oil seeps from whichever one is underneath. I take it that means
the oil seals must be replaced?
I would be grateful to receive any advice on a good way to immobilise the 3
shafts so that I can undo the 3 nuts torqued to 100 ft lbs on the end of
each shaft.
Of course any tips on oil seal replacement would be welcome too!

Trusting the list will come through as it always does.

David Brister
1967 TR4A.

--

http://www.vtr.org