[TR] Spin-on Oil Filter

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Spin-on Oil Filter
From: "Wayne" <rengrave@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:25:03 -0400
Installing the Spin-on Oil Filter Adaptor on the TR6 and wondering at what
position others have managed to fit it onto the engine.
I have it pointing down and slightly toward the front of the engine.
However, the gas line "rubber hose" is rubbing against it.
I don't really want anything to be rubbing on it but this position seems to be
the only position it can be.

Also what type of "spin-on" oil filter is everyone using?
I have a cheap purolator (L20195 cross-referenced from the fram number that
was out of stock) for the initial break-in,
but plan on using the K&N brand, is this the right choice, or not worth the
extra cash?

Thanks to everyone on answering my question on static timing, I learned a
lot.

Wayne
73 TR6

http://www.vtr.org