Re: [TR] TR4A shift boot

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A shift boot
From: January Williams <januaryw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:36:35 -0700
I bought an upper and lower shift boot from Moss (680-720 and 680-730) that
is listed for my 67 TR4A.
Is there a trick to putting the lower and upper boot through the padded
shift cover, or do I need to remove the padded dash support?  I've replaced
the upper boot many times and they rip after a year or two.  Is the rubber
that bad?  Has anyone used the leather alternative to the rubber boot?
Jeffrey Porter
67 TR4A with no shift boot.
==============================
I've always used the rubber TR4 boot. I ordered one by accident years ago
instead of the "correct" fabric/pseudo leather one. I just tuck it under the
dash support hole which works out fine. And the rubber ones only last a
couple of years, so I just keep replacing them. It would be nice to have a
real leather one available.

January Williams
66 TR4A CTC74217 LO
Salem, Oregon (but heading to Maine for vacation)

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net