Re: [TR] YOKO AVID H4S

To: Mitch <ms6453@optonline.net>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] YOKO AVID H4S
From: "Glenn A. Merrell - TSN" <StagByTriumph@triumphstagclub.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:56:15 -0600
Hi Mitch,

I run 195/70-14 Yokohama Avid H4 V rated on my modified Stag for the
last 6 years.  They have gone a higher MPH than many Triumphs can.

They offer a smooth and quiet ride, are very predictable in handling,
and offered good all around road traction and wear.  Mine will have one
more trip on them to T-Fest and back they they are going to be to the
tread wear indicators after about 60k + miles in 6 years, including 4
Autocross First in Class awards, and 3 other autocross events.  One year
was a double set of 3 runs each between myself and Blake at Laughlin - 2007

You need to know that the tread pattern design has changed at least 2
times in that 6 years from what I have seen, I ran a larger set on my
Hyundai XG300, also for about 60k miles and the pattern on those was
somewhat different from my set on the Stag..
What I did not like is that they are directional tread and to to a
proper rotate on a Triumph you have to bust them off the rims and
Remount/Balance

I hope this helps!

--
Glenn Merrell