[TR] TR2/3 transmission mount

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 transmission mount
From: Angelo Graham <agraham@execulink.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:55:25 -0400
Hello List:
  A question about the rear trans mount on the TR2/3 cars. I have
fitted a new mount that covers the the TR2-6 range of cars to my TR2
project. The old mount had a different profile and was more square.
The new mount is noticeably different in profile and construction,
but all the holes line up and it should work. Just wondering about
the mount stiffeners that were on the old mount - pt. no. 107895. Are
these required on the new mount? In sizing up the old stiffeners,
doesn't appear that they would come anywhere close to stiffening the
new mount as they are about 1/2" away from the rubber of the mount.
Just put the new mount in without stiffeners??
Thanks for any guidance on this and any past experiences.

Angelo Graham

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net